The Tough Kid
Social Skills Book
For Grades: 3–7
Publication Date: 2010
Details: 208 pp. (spiral bound) and 1 CD with 47 pp. fillable reproducible forms
Product ID: 041-2
This book can help teachers, school psychologists, school behaviorists, school counselors, school social workers, and other support staff implement social skills programs for Tough Kids that teach:
- Body Basics
- Joining in
- Recognizing and expressing feelings
- Having a conversation
- Playing cooperatively
- Solving problems
- Using self-control
- Solving arguments
- Dealing with teasing
- Dealing with being left out
- Accepting "No"
The book contains a variety of tools and strategies to help:
- Identify Tough Kids in need of direct social skills training.
- Gather data to assess important social skills.
- Lead productive social skills groups.
- Conduct structured social skills programs in small group, classroom, or schoolwide applications.
Help the Tough Kids in your class learn the skills they need to be successful in social situations!